News & Events
Version 1.5 Released
June 8, 2012
Version 1.5 of World Flight Planner has been released.
The latest release of World Flight Planner is now out and brings with it improvements in available aeronautical data as well as a cargo hold full of new features.
There are also a number of country-specific improvements in version 1.5. Users in Australia will be delighted to know that our Australian aeronautical data has been improved, with all weather stations now available as well as visual SIGMET and animated weather radar. For USA users we now have FAA sectionals (VFR and IFR) available as the base layer when mapping out routes and weather. And here in Canada we now have completely geo-referenced PIREP and NOTAM.
We've continued to improve the overall speed of the site as well as increasing the speed of individual pieces, such as the mapping system. As always, our focus is to make use of World Flight Planner enjoyable and ensure that flight planning is a easy part of any trip to the airport. And less time planning means more time for flying.
About World Flight Planner
World Flight Planner is a web-based flight planning application for use by pilots, dispatchers or anyone charged with pre-flight planning in general or commercial aviation.
The World Flight Planner application currently supports pre-flight planning for over 50 different types of fixed and rotary wing aircraft and more aircraft are added each week. Flight planning in Canada, Australia and the United States are all fully supported, with flight planning in New Zealand in beta.
Some of the features offered by the World Flight Planner application include:
- supports any Windows, Mac or Linux computer or any Internet-enabled mobile device
- supports all popular web browsers (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome, Opera)
- support for multiple languages (English now, French and Spanish in the works and others to come)
- view airspace information
- point and click, rubberband route creation
- profile view of terrain and birds eye view of terrain clearance along route
- easily access NOTAM, weather and other aeronautical information for your routes
- no contracts or sign up fees
- no firewall or network configuration changes required in order to use
The complete list of changes is available in the release notes and the application feature list is also available within the product tour.
For further information, visit www.worldflightplanner.com or contact us.